Firstly, I want to say how excited I am by the response and interest by so many people in the group! Thank you for staying involved, 2017 will be awesome!! :)
Secondly, regarding voting for 2017, there will be changes. So many of you voted on the poll regarding voting on DITL entries and I was blown away by the response!
A whopping 70'ish% of you said you didn't want voting on entries! However, because a third of the results was to continue voting I have come up with what I hope is a good balance for everyone. After seeing the opinions of members of the group, the following changes will be made for 2017.
- DITL days will remain the same : once every 8 days, with the specific dates set ahead of time. December will still remain a free submissions period.
- you will have 7 days (rather than the previous 4 days) to submit your DITL post.
- there will be NO WEEKLY voting on entries.
- there WILL be MONTHLY voting on ALL entries submitted over the entire month, but only on those submissions that choose to be included. You can choose to not receive votes even if you submit a DITL post.
- there will be 1 week to vote on entries submitted for the previous month.
- the voting process will be made much easier, so hopefully more members will be able to take a few seconds and vote on their favorite entries.
I hope these changes strike a happy balance for ALL members, and will make the group run smoother!
DITL Dates for January are :
Saturday, January 7th (TOMORROW!) - submissions close Saturday, January 14th, 9PM EST
Sunday, January 15th - submissions close Sunday, January 22nd, 9PM EST
Monday, January 23rd - submissions close Monday, January 30th, 9PM EST
Tuesday, January 31st - submissions close Tuesday, February 7th, 9PM EST
Voting Begins - Wednesday, February 8th
Voting Ends & Winners Announced - Wednesday, February 15th